[Coco] [Color Computer] The evolution of the Coco..

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 24 13:57:33 EDT 2005

John (and the rest)
Don't get me wrong. I know that CoCo/ XP platform will never work, XP is so
bloated that you could nevre shrink the kernal to fit it that small. Not
even NT (NT 4, which to this day is probaly one of MS most stable products
in my opinion). I am just stating that no mater where I go, Linux is being
stated as "The holy Grail" of the IT world, by the zelots out there (and I
am not saying anyone here is a Zelot). UNIX itself if not even being
debated- just Linux. I would love to see MS bring back Xenix-(buy back the
rights). My opinoin (and its just mine) is -I am not going forced into a
product that is taking the market by about 3-5% a year, and the "big"
computer manufactures (Dell, IBM, etc) have no confidence in the product on
the consumer level. I know you might say that this is because lisensing
parterships with Bill and the boys), but the average consumer is the one
still who does have the final say.

BTW - I do know this will get me in a bit of trouble, but keep in mind, its
just an opinion, If Mac hadn't used A flavour of Linux of OS 10, it would
even be less popular, because the Mac people really had no choice except to
stay with OS9.

>Coco/Linux, Coco/BSD, Coco/FreeDOS, Coco/ReactOS, etc. all could make
>sense. Coco/WinXP doesn't as far as I can tell, for reasons that myself,
>Merch, and Frank have already outlined.

>Brought to you by the 6809, the 6803 and their cousins!
>Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links