[Coco] [Color Computer] Linux a cousin to OS-9

Basil Fitze basilf at telus.net
Mon Apr 25 13:54:34 EDT 2005

Glen,

So your somewhat bias towards Windows.  Well I was going to go the MCSE
root but felt $11000.00 was a bit high for this education.  If you are
a techie you would embrace Linux for what it is one of the best Open
Source Operating System around with a heritage of UNIX .  Windows is
nothing more than a rehashed bug infested piece of crap personal opinion.

Linux is going mainstream but slowly due in part by Microsofts grip on
the #$%% of many companies.  Microsoft became what it is because of
IBM.   BM is 100% behind Linux. Microsoft forced Computer manufacturers
to install Windows, that has changed  with all the anti-trust  cases
against  Microsoft even if  the US  sided with Microsoft Europe  never
did or any of the other Nations .  Microsoft is in trouble even they
understand the issue with Linux.  Microsoft grip is loosing. They know
if they came out with a version of Microsoft Office for Linux good-bye
Windows.  That will never happen of course Microsoft won't let go of its
Monopoly unless it has to or forced to.

IBM doesn't make that many mistakes it has embraced Linux.  Linux is
where Windows was in the early 80's. Unlike Microsoft there is no one
Linux Distro and Linux is Open source so anyone can use it add to it all
you need to do is document it and share it.  I am working on my Red hat
certification and I will look at Novell as well. We all need to do what
is in our best interest.  And also OS-X is Unix BSD Unix even Apple
understands UNIX in whatever form is still one of THE best OS's ever made.

I use both on my computer and OS9 on my Coco's.  It works for me.

--
Basil Fitze
basilf at telus.net
My website: http://bcomco.net
Earn a Laptop for just $5.00 click the link to findout how
http://www.ezlaptop.com/register.php?ref=940

Yahoo! Groups Links