[Coco]: Tandy's biggest mistakes thread

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Fri Apr 22 13:35:19 EDT 2005

On 04/22/2005 12:45 pm, L. Curtis Boyle wrote:
>      They were ran by InterTan, yes, but they were still Radio Shack
> stores. Did Radio Shack in the US actually stock things like SC-2's or the
> VIP Library suite in stores, or could you only get them by going through
> the Express Order catalog?

Starting sometime in 1985, yes, but it could be hard on a manager's bottom
line so it was his decision.  And many computer centers received demo copies
of some software packages from vendors, though I don't recall many examples
in the Color Computer arena, at least at the two RSCCs I worked in.
Ward Griffiths				wdg3rd at comcast.net

In my opinion, the worst unintended consequence of the Americans with
Disabilities Act is that it is impossible to horsewhip a man on the
steps of his club when the steps have been replaced with a ramp.