[Coco] [Color Computer] The evolution of the Coco..

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Fri Apr 22 10:42:36 EDT 2005

On 04/21/2005 11:26 pm, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 21:25 -0500, George Ramsower wrote:
> > I thought I would get some feedback on this one.
> >
> > Does anyone know what "Star Trek V'ger" is?
>
> The reference is to Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Voyager probe hopped
> up by the aliens with super intelligence. It seems to be inspired by an
> original series episode about the robot "NOMAD."

Many of us who were underwhelmed by the movie tend to subtitle it "Where Nomad
Has Gone Before".

Of course, I was never all that impressed by the original series.  When it
debuted I was 11 and had been a heavy reader of real SF (dead tree stuff) for
three years.  Watched it anyway, there wasn't much else worthwhile on TV in
those days.
Ward Griffiths				wdg3rd at comcast.net

In my opinion, the worst unintended consequence of the Americans with
Disabilities Act is that it is impossible to horsewhip a man on the
steps of his club when the steps have been replaced with a ramp.