[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Is this a discussion about a new Coco?

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Mon Apr 18 17:16:17 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 14:55 -0600, Glen VanDenBiggelaar wrote:

> Now this response is not directed an anybody persay, I am just saying I
> would rather spend the money on a product like this than some USB Cart, that
> only had drivers for a keyboard, mouse, and printer, when the superboard

I think you missed the point on that one... no one said that
keyboard/mouse/printer would be the only drivers written, only that they
would be the first, since there are already working examples for other
8-bit machines, and so they would be easy to do.

If it's possible at all, the more exciting devices like storage,
ethernet, modems, etc. would be forthcoming.

> does all that and more. I think people's time and money  would be better put
> to use in making things we don't have, than waisting time making simpler

I don't see a lot of overlap between SuperBoard and Coco USB. One is
just an interface to low cost USB hardware. The other is practically a
Coco 4..

Hard to see either project as as a "waste of time" any more than
enjoying the coco hobby is a waste of time. If people have fun using
it/making it, then it's worth it.

-- John.

Yahoo! Groups Links