[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] What's wrong with this Picture

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Mon Apr 18 15:30:22 EDT 2005

Hi,

James the Animal Tamer wrote:

>>OH! JOY! and just relive Tandy's worst mistake on the COCO ever.
>

> I vote that Tandy's worst mistake on the CoCo was to make the MC-10's
> BASIC tokens different from the CoCo's.  This would be just behind
> making the MC-10 at all.

	If we are voting, here are some other candidates::

	1) not using a 68008 in the tre (backwards compatability - who needs
that? could they have put a 6809 in a cart that could have itself had
rompaks plugged into it?)
	2) not using some of the fancier wires on the 6809
	3) the cm-8 - we deserved better
	4) tre should have had a switching PS
	5) sloppy peripheral decoding (using 32 precious addresses when 4 would do)

					kevin