[Coco] [Color Computer] USB Anyone?

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Sat Apr 16 13:46:25 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-16 at 07:54 -0600, Glen VanDenBiggelaar wrote:

> This is my point. Do we realy need a usb keyboard? Mouse? Joystick? My CoCo
> 3's keyboard is fine, You can still get TR mice easily, and joysticks are so
> plentiful that you can get them usually for under $5 bucks (i Have over
> 40)-granted the TR joystick is not the greatest, but we aren't plying NHL
> 2005 here.

Yes, but USB keyboard and joystick drivers already exist for Atari. So
it would be so easy that it would probably be one of the first tests to
do, like a day's work. You have to do something to check out the
hardware.

The storage devices are more complicated for various reasons. They use a
different protocol, there's the issue of FAT file system, and other
stuff that we don't know about yet because nobody has tried it.

I'm sure the important devices will receive attention in short order,
I'm just saying as a programmer how I see it playing out. Like everybody
else, we need short term successes to keep us motivated, and that way
the more challenging stuff is possible.

-- John.

Yahoo! Groups Links