[Coco] CoCo2, a speed demon?

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Wed Apr 13 22:17:29 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/13/05 7:09:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
theother_bob at yahoo.com writes:

>That  poke also prevents Basic from polling for Break and Shift+@
constantly,
>but ON BRK GOTO still works. This means in Basic you have  to plan for a way
>exit your program (or hit reset), which I see as  an added bonus.

Didn't some commercial auto-loading BASIC programs disable the Break  key and
remap the Reset vector, so you (supposedly) couldn't halt the program  and
read the source code?
This would have been in the days of cassette tape, though maybe such tricks
were used on disk too.  ISTR that folks figured out ways around it pretty
quick.  --Mike K.