[Coco] Fest access via net

Dave Kelly daveekelly at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 13 10:46:12 EDT 2005

Roger Taylor wrote:
> At 07:24 PM 4/12/2005, you wrote:
>
>> Tony Podraza wrote:
>>
>>> Nick,
>>> I have not had any volunteers to pick this up and follow through with
>>> it, yet.  I, personally, do not have the knowledge or the hardware to
>>> accomplish this.  There is free wi-fi in the hotel, so that is not a
>>> concern, but the other resources, the peripheals and the technical
>>> know-how (read experience) has not been made available.  There are
>>> sill 3 days..i know..and maybe someone will be able to set something
>>> up.  Email is always a possibility, as is the use of the "real-time"
>>> forum (is that the IRC?...told you i don't have the know-how...shoot!
>>> I don't even have the terminology...!)
>>> -- Nickolas Marentes <NickM at qm.qld.gov.au> wrote:
>>> For those of us who are unable to attend due to vast distances
>>> (Australia!),
>>> will there be a internet link to the fest? Either IRC, web cam etc?
>>> If so, what are the connect details.
>>> Nick
>>
>> I'll bring 2 linux systems, a web cam and wireless card for my laptop.
>> This is all new technology for me so someone else might have to help
>> set it up.  Be there Friday late.
>>
>> Dave
>

> Use a free webcam program like maybe a trial version of Active Webcam,
> or CoffeeCup WebCam, etc.  There's tons of them on the web.  Set it to
> FTP an image out every so many seconds, replacing the old image on the
> server.  My offer still stands to host cam images as part of the CoCo
> Cafe chat system, fully HTML-based and compatible with almost everybody
> out there.  We would be able to see the fest and talk with whoever is
> also surfed into www.coco3.com/chat, at home or at the fest.  Let me know.
>
> Thanks,

OK, I'm letting you know.
I have the software installed on my desktop which I will bring. Just
installed it last night. So will have to go thru the learning curve at
Chicago. Have to pack today and leave tomorrow. Arrive Fri. PM.

Post any information I might need to hook up to your site.
I plan at this point to use    http://cserv@sourceforge.net