[Color Computer] [Coco]: Nitros9 and B09 and RunB

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Tue Apr 12 23:26:38 EDT 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:19:36 -0500, Boisy G. Pitre <boisy at boisypitre.com>
wrote:

> On Apr 12, 2005, at 9:50 PM, L. Curtis Boyle wrote:
>>>
>>     I had done some 6309 optomizations to BASIC09 itself, but had not
>> gotten to incorporating those changes into RUNB (except fixing the
>> stack so that it worked properly with Nitros9). Chris Dekker had done
>> some completely different optomizations to RUNB himself for the 6309 in
>> a rival product. I remember that some math was faster (one of the
>> functions, on integers, was twice as fast), and some other things as
>> well. We were also planning on building INKEY, SYSCALL and possibly
>> GFX/GFX2 into RUNB itself, so that they took a little less room and
>> would be slightly faster as well, but I don't think that ever got
>> completed. I do know that BASIC09 itself was shrunk a few hundered
>> bytes from the stock version.
>>    Boisy, did you ever get copies of he optomized BASIC09? I am pretty
>> sure that I don't have copies of the source anymore... that one had
>> gotten fried even before --
>
> I think the RunB in the repository is Chris Dekker's, and the Basic09
> source is from you??
>
> The source is available in the repository, and since you have experience
> with this, you would be the perfect point man to complete this task.
> Would you do it?
> --
> Boisy G. Pitre
> E-Mail: boisy at boisypitre.com
> Mobile: (337) 781-3997
> Web: www.boisypitre.com

    You know, I may get a chance with MESS to look at it, at least a bit. I
have no idea how to set up all of this CVS stuff, however; I just used
Alan's NSM. Perhaps you could make a .OS9 disk image (bootable) with both
sources on them, and a text editor, and I could at least re-familiarize
myself with it (never did finish commenting the code).

--
L. Curtis Boyle