[Coco] Re: Converter update

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Fri Apr 8 03:09:32 EDT 2005

> One question I would like to ask,  how many out there
> need a Pal version of the converter?   The video chips have
> options for Pal operation.   The only problem is I do not have
> a Pal coco to test it on.    Anybody willing to lend me a Pal
> based machine to test on?    Of course, even if I did have
> a Pal coco I would need to get a power converter to supply
> it with power.

I have the full spectrum of PAL CoCos here (including those rare french
RGB PAL CoCos (so far one 1B, two 2B and 2 MC-10s), but I guess its more
easy to ship the adaptor. I would be willing to purchase one and figure
out the parameters it needs for PAL timing. Later I might purchase
another 2 of those devices. However, the CoCo-market in Europe doesn't
exist (there were never CoCo3 available, I imported them from
Australia). BUT: Other retro computers and game consoles could be a
promising market here (there's a real hype at least in Germany).