[Coco] Re: Using Disk EDTASM

David golgotha at toughguy.net
Thu Apr 7 10:29:06 EDT 2005

Torsten Dittel wrote:

>> As a side note, one of the few things I remember about my early
>> attempts to
>> learn ML is when you have an ORG, you should assemble with the AO
>> option. I
>> don't remember the exact command but I remember "Assemble, In Memory,
>> Absolute
>> Origin".
>

> And of course you can have several ORGs in one source file. When you
> load the binary with "LOADM", every part of the programm is loaded
> into its corresponding part of memory space. I made programs that way
> which displayed a title screen (using ASCII block graphics) while
> (wasn't that the DECB text screen address?!?) followed by an empty
> space (RMB) for 32x16 characters. I filled it later with graphics
> using a file based disk editor I wrote). Another gimmick was to bend
> some of the RAM hooks to make the files autostart.
>
> Hope to have a real system setup again soon. I guess I have to start
> again with all this stuff after more then 15 years without using it...
> :-)
>
> Torsten

I dont suppose you remember anything such as:

1) Setting the video mode on the Coco3 in assembly to the equivalent of
HSCREEN 2

2) setting a single pixel on said screen aka HSET(x,y,c)

3) reading from a joystick using asm

If anyone can help me out with these snippets, it would be wonderful :)

I've asked previously and been referred to a coco3 memory map, but that
just confused me more!

Regards,
David