[Coco] Coco on the internet

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Wed Apr 6 13:47:01 EDT 2005

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 08:47:50 -0400, billg <cwgordon at charter.net> wrote:

> Probably a silly question, but when I was using my CoCo years ago, the
> internet didn't even exist.  So, since then, is there software that will
> allow CoCo on the 'net?

>          A Touch of CoCo BBS and *Square One Forum
> http://squareone.no-ip.org	telnet://squareone.no-ip.org
> FidoNet (1:123/22) SkyNet (30:3300/2) JustaXnet (510:203/1)

     I used to log in using Lynx with a Unix Shell account, running KBCOM
in graphics mode with the ISO font in Nitros9 (allowed me to display all
of the copyright symbols and others properly on a real Coco 3) through
dial up. There was a KA9Q package that apparently let you use SLIP and
actually directly connect to the net through dialup and do FTP, newsgroups
and mail, but the program always crashed my TC-9 hard, so I never ran it.

--
L. Curtis Boyle