[Coco] Coco on the internet

Mark Marlette mark at cloud9tech.com
Wed Apr 6 10:35:26 EDT 2005

This is a SuperBoard option. Actually any serial device will be able to
use it as long as you have a FIFO'd serial port. 6551/2 will not cut
it. Rick U, from Conect(sp?) had one at one time. SB uses a TI
multi-function chip that has a dual port FIFO on it.

We are currently targeting ConnectOne's embedded solution. Hands down
the best platform. The down side of this is cost. Expect the solution
to be $150-$200. So you ask why pay that much when a PC can do it for
$10? Well because we can and the cost is high because we aren't buying
millions of them.

It will support wireless and everything else. Geeezzz a wireless coco
sitting on my network at home, getting Email and transferring files
to/from.....$200 for that.....any day! IMHO....

Mark
Cloud-9