[Coco] Pokes

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Wed Apr 6 10:18:42 EDT 2005

Rumor has it that L. Curtis Boyle may have mentioned these words:
>On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 20:10:44 -0700, John R. Hogerhuis <jhoger at pobox.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Do I recall correctly in that Cassette still works with double speed
>>pokes, it's just that you've got to be at double speed to read them
>>back?
>>
>>Or does it really hork things up?

Not with high quality tape and a good recorder, but...

>    It can work, but works better if you do the POKE that extends the file
>header tone (don't remember what the POKE is, though).

It was a set of 3 pokes, unforch, I don't know what they were, either.
However, I used 'em quite a bit 'way back in the day' on my CoCo2...

I loved teasing my buddy with a C=64 with a floppy drive; in double-speed
mode, my tape drive was faster! ;-)

Then I bought a floppy system, and didn't use the tape system again until I
got my Tandy 200... until I got the floppy for that... ;-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger  --  SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch at 30below.com

Hi! I am a .signature virus.  Copy me into your .signature to join in!