[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Re: Adapter from Coo3 to SVGA

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Tue Apr 5 17:38:20 EDT 2005

Torsten at Dittel.info writes:

<< > And I love the idea of using the extra pin on the CoCo CM-8 port.

 I guess a pin which is planned to be a "just input" to the PIA and which
 detects the presence of a device by its electrical ground uses a pull up
 resistor to create a "high" level while no device is attached. Would
 this prevent the pin in any way from being used as an output? Hardware
 people?

 Torsten >>

        The coco3 has a 4.7k pullup resistor on that line........and
the I2C specification for the BIDIRECTIONAL data line for these chips calls
for a 4.7k pullup resistor .      I smell the sweet odor of
success which could turn into the foul odor of defeat and
humiliation so dont hold me to it but I have worked out the
details mentally while I was having my car serviced in preparation for
the trip to chicago and I think it will work.    Now I need to
experiment to test some assumtions I have made about how
the hardware behaves.   After that I will make the attempt to
impliment it and report my results here.
       The only down side to this is the need to redsign the cable.
We will have to use an alternate plug and socket combination.
Sorry Mark,   I was hoping to create some business for you by using
the same cable you sell.  Oh well.

Roy