[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Re: Adapter from Coo3 to SVGA

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 15:42:08 EDT 2005

--- RJRTTY at aol.com wrote:

> Interestingly enough,  I modified a Matco converter to accept
> the RGB from the coco3.   I cut the data lines going to the
> AL250 from the SAA7111A  Philips video decoder then
> I used about 4 Quad comparators as a fast low res
> ADC to convert the analog RGB of the coco3 to RGB565.
> <...snip...>
> I really need to get around to fixing my Matco
> converter someday but I'm a little occupied right
> now.   :))

It sounds to me like you already did fix it, and now you
plan to re-cripple it. ;-)

I would figure out a way to switch the AL250 between the
decoder chip and the A/D converter. Then you'd have the
"ultimate" CoCo to VGA monitor adapter, since it would be
able to display artifact colors. I don't like playing games
like Buzzard Bait, Sands of Egypt, Zaxxon, etc. in black
and white, knowing what I'm missing.

Kevin D(?) I'm not sure why your 1084 fails to show artifact
colors, mine shows them just fine. Are you switching it
from RGB to CVBS?

Bob