[Coco] CoCo Age Chart updated...

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Fri Apr 1 14:47:09 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 10:43 +0200, Torsten Dittel wrote:

> Is this a proof of my "two generations" theory? Or are the 40-49ers just
> too busy to have this sweet nostalgic hobby?
>
> Torsten
>

> --

I'd say that's a pretty good indication that there's a real phenomenon
there. The graph is a little squished. Maybe 5 year buckets?

My theory, as happened in my family, was that people bought Coco's as a
learning computer for their kids.

I would guess what happened is that either dad was helping the kids with
the computer and stayed interested, or the kids got bored and dad took
over...

In my case my Dad didn't have much interest but I did get my Mom to help
me type in listings... when I would get tired, she would take over. Plus
she was much faster at typing than I was back then.

-- John.