[Coco] emulator speeds(was "Parts is parts")

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Fri Apr 1 12:37:13 EST 2005

In a message dated 4/1/05 12:12:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, RJRTTY at aol.com
writes:

>       You know David Kiels emulator can run  aprox. 4 times the
>real thing on a 100 Mhz 486 DX4 with 64 Mb ram and  about 10 times
>as fast on a toshiba laptop with an old MMX pentium and  96 Mb ram.

Thanks for the tip.  ISTR trying to run Kiel's emulator on my Win98  box, and
it blue-screened.  I suspect you have to boot into straight DOS to  make it
work.

BTW, I now have a similar problem with JV's.  And once in DOS, you can  no
longer refer to the manual on HD, so you must print it all out or memorize it
first ;-)

Someday I may mess with MESS, especially if I cna put it on the Linux  box.
--Mike K.