[Coco] "Parts is parts"

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Fri Apr 1 11:10:48 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/31/05 10:51:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
diegoba at adinet.com.uy writes:

>I  was going to send her a Dell P-200/64MB/4Gb I've got. I know it's not
>a big deal, but is usable. Has decent sound, network, video and USB on
>board.

Funny, this almost exactly describes my no-name Linux box, except its CPU  is
only 133 MHz.  It's amazing how fast X-Windows runs UltiMusE on such a
creaky old box (though the fancy Gnome GUI is slow).  It actually ran OK on  32 M
or RAM for quite a while.

As a Coco emulator, it should probably run at least equal in speed to the
real thing.  ISTR that when running Jeff V's emulator on a 75 MHz, 20M PC,  it
was maybe 50% slower than real time.  --Mike K.