[Coco] 1995 vintage 68B09, a good year?

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Thu Apr 28 15:25:59 EDT 2005

JDag,

	What do you think this could be pushed to?

	I thought in earlier discussions, many moons ago, you alluded to the
fact that these later parts would be done in smaller geometries for
economic reasons (yeilds?). Wouldn't this also make them faster?

	Mindless ramble:  Ya know the TFR and EXG instructions? Ya think the
"size mismatched" values could be used as a 16 register cache (I know -
the 68HCxx embedded processors use this for extension. This ain't one of
those. It is a 6809)? For practical use these instructions would need to
be much faster, like single cycle, and fast context dump and restore
instructions would be needed.

					kevin

P.S.:  Mac bus speed now 45. With 9x multiplier processor is at 405. As
soon as I figure out what to stick in the L2CR I'm gonna try to build
Mozilla. Think that is a good test of system stability? Other
suggestions for Linux stress tests appreciated.