[Coco] Fest Ramblings

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Mon Apr 18 10:43:46 EDT 2005

I'm writing this from the library on campus, having gotten little sleep
after returning home from the airport last night at 11:30PM.  These are
just snippets of random thoughts, rather than a complete, concise
review of the fest.

- The hotel was very nice.  Rooms were great and the fest floor and
surrounding area were excellent.  I'm really glad that Glenside decided
to do this fest at this location.
- Wireless Internet access was available by the hotel.  In my opinion,
this was a VERY nice perk, and a departure from past fests that didn't
have it.  Signal was very strong on the fest floor.
- The webcam, made possible by the Internet access, was a nice touch,
as was Roger's chat room.  Though I have to admit, I couldn't stay on
for long stretches at a time, because we were very busy.
- Interest in Cloud-9's products was high, as was interest in the
SuperBoard.
- The CoCo BASH! that Cloud-9 held up in the suite on Saturday night
was a raging success.  Everyone who attended had a great time, and I'm
sure that we will do it again next year.
- It was good to see folks like John Linville, the Poitrases, Joe
Buecher, William Astle, Wally Grossman, Allen Huffman, Dave Kelly,
James & Billie Jones, Bro Jeremy, the guys from GCCC, and others whose
name I cannot recall.  As usual, I had fun catching up on what everyone
was doing.
- Chris Hawks has committed to writing a CDF file manager for NitrOS-9.
  This will be a great addition to the operating system, allowing
ISO9660 CD-ROMs to be read on the CoCo at last!

In short: a great time!
--
Boisy G. Pitre
E-Mail: boisy at boisypitre.com