[Coco] UUCP on the coco....

Aaron Banerjee spam_proof at worldnet.att.net
Mon Apr 4 12:44:58 EDT 2005

All,
  UUCP/mail is a topic that periodically popps up on this list.  I have an
interesting quirk with my phone plan that might help.  My phone plan sort
of works like a cell plan (call anywhere in the US for free, up to a
certain number of minutes). I regularly have 200+ minutes to spare, and am
running linux.  I wouldn't mind polling within the US to fetch/distribute
mail up to the extent where I use those minutes up.
  I would be willing to work with anyone running UUCP in the US to poll
their system -- probably at a particular time or times of day (sort of
like the Fidonet mail hour) to pick up and distribute mail to other nodes.
(provided I can get UUCP properly working again -- I've intalled a newer
linux and didn't set it up yet).
  Currently, I get hosed on international calls..  We'll work on that one
if this has any interest.
  Is anyone else interested in this type of thing?
                       - Aaron