[Coco] SuperIDE and Superdriver rock , but...

Benoit Bleau benoit.bleau at verizon.net
Wed Sep 15 21:22:10 EDT 2004

> I see that you have a 256MB CF....To get full use of this
> HDB-DOS's partition will have to change. HDB-DOS works from
> the top of the drive down and NitrOS-9 works from the bottom
> up. Your invoice shows all the numbers that were used during
> the process. Run IDEprobe that will tell you how many sectors
> you have on your CF available. Then you can run WIZARD and
> make a floppy loadable version to TEST it to make sure it is
> working. Once it is all working then run"FLASH and answer the
> questions and then the filename is EPROM.DOS that WIZARD
> creates to be loaded in an EPROM or FLASH. About 10 seconds
> and the part will be FLASH'd. If you want FLASH in another
> BANK like 1,2 or 3. Leave 0 alone till you are converted over.....

I did run IDEProbe and the wizard, the loadm'ed the new HDB-DOS.
That works without any problems. I was able to format all the
virtual drives (0 to 255), and I copied the HDB-DOS disk to the
virtual disk 0.  The autoexec.bad executed when I exec'ed the
HDB-DOS.  What I didn't do is FLASH the new HDB-DOS. Could
this be why Nitros9 had a problem with the compact flash?
I wouldn't think so, but I did skip a few readme files and
whatnot (heck, I always thought that instructions were for
the weak of heart )

I've got an eprom programmer, and I'm planning to replace
the DOS in my floppy controller with HDB-DOS. This
way, I wont have to play with the slot selector on the MPI.

> You are in the advanced area of HDB-DOS and NitrOS-9. We will
> be having seminars on this at the next fest. Again with power
> come complexity.......
If it were'nt for the 12 hours drive :(

> This is Boisy's area of support but I'm sure he is on the
> edge of Ivan right now......
Yeah, I hope Boisy and his family are OK.

Thanks!
-Ben