[Coco] Re: Coco on a SVGA monitor using the Xrgb-2 Plus

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Sun Sep 12 13:40:30 EDT 2004

> I mean the whole daughterboard... I suspect it's circuitry may be causing your
> jittery signal on the "weaker" monitor... can you remove the whole PAL
> daughterboard and just use RGB by itself? I'm looking at the CoCo3 techref, but
> can't tell if that's soldered in or what.

AFAIR I can remove it, it's just plugged in.

Another thing I could try:
Using the Composite Video signal as a Sync source. The 1084S seems to
have a Sync Seperator and accepts (besides H- & V-Sync) a Composite
Video on its C-Sync input. This worked fine and synced perfectly with my
RGB CoCo2. Have to try it. Best thing would getting an oszilloscope and
watching the signal amplitudes/forms.

Torsten