[Coco] [Color Computer] LCD for CoCo - found LCD Monitor With RGB Input!

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 23 14:27:45 EDT 2004

--- tomus <tomustoys at sisna.com> wrote:

> Robert,
>
> Thank you for your quick reply.  Did you say your LCD came eith your
> vehicle?  How is that?  Where would I get one?

This is the decade that "car audio" became "car audio/video".
Mine is a roof mounted, flip-down model. Others are designed to
mount on the back of a seat.
Some here starting just over $100...
http://www.carmobilevideo.com/

Maybe the wave hasn't swept through Ephraim, UT yet, but here in
Dallas it's darn near impossible to drive down the road without
seeing videos playing in a few cars. Some folks seem to think
they need 3 or 4 monitors. It's really getting ridiculous, and
many people are ignoring the law that says TV's are not supposed
to be visible to the driver, but that's another story.
I've even seen a big SUV with a fairly large (~15") LCD
installed in the tailgate... facing out. People do dumb things.

EVERYONE: Clarion 6.4-INCH Color LCD Monitor With ***RGB Input***
http://tinyurl.com/3qz3w

> I also need a basic CoCo program to provide "big" letters (graphics).
> There's one in my Tandy "Learnbing Lab" cassette tapes but I can't seem to
> find a CoCo to cassette player interface cable.

That's not too difficult, even Basic would be quick enough using
HGET/HPUT. Since this will be for a car dash you'll need it in
ROM, either a custom ROMpak or complete Basic ROM replacement.

What type of signal will the speedometer be driven by?
Is this project personal, professional, or educational (school)?

Bob Emery