[Coco] "The PayPal Effect"

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Mon Oct 11 17:37:13 EDT 2004

At 03:38 PM 10/11/2004, you wrote:
>I didn't know any registrars even accepted Paypal...

Actually, they do!  A lot of services now accept PayPal payments.  But
Doteasy is not accepting "PayPal", but rather, the PayPal Mastercard which
is a credit/debit card linked to your PayPal funds/checking account.  It
does not matter, because if PayPal cannot carry out the transfer for some
reason, whoever is expecting it will rebill at their own pace.

This I know... PayPal has 50 million users.  Most of those users rely on
PayPal.  Ebay and PayPal are basically glued at the hip.  This is why I say
trouble is probably unfolding.  Unless, that is, if I am the only user out
of 50 million that is not able to visit their web site right now, and has a
payment that has gone unprocessed for too long?

Cheers

--
Roger Taylor