[Coco] Re: Nitros9 and the 86 GIME again

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Tue Oct 5 18:00:30 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 12:11 pm, mmarlett at isd.net wrote:
> Charlie,
>
> The machine does have a version on SIMM memory in it. Didn't boot. I
> don't run '86 GIMEs in any of my machines. I thought I had more of
> them but only had two of them that I could find. For good reasons,
> some of them we know. Tandy released a newer version of this chip.
> Knowing Tandy and how little they liked to spend money, it must have
> REALLY been a NEEDED reason.

Usually because somebody _needed_ to cut costs, and the new part was
cheaper.  But I left Tandy just about the time the Coco 3 was released
and know no internal details.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net    http://home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd/
I died.    Of course, a true BOFH considers this not really as dying,