[Coco] Re: Nitros9 and the 86 GIME again

mmarlett at isd.net mmarlett at isd.net
Tue Oct 5 12:11:33 EDT 2004

Charlie,

The machine does have a version on SIMM memory in it. Didn't boot. I don't
run '86 GIMEs in any of my machines. I thought I had more of them but only
had two of them that I could find. For good reasons, some of them we know.
Tandy released a newer version of this chip. Knowing Tandy and how little
they liked to spend money, it must have REALLY been a NEEDED reason.

Mark

>Mark, have you tried booting Nitros9 with the 86 GIME and the 512K SIMMS
>upgrade installed?
>
>Charlie
>
><mmarlett at isd.net> wrote in message
>news:4162a599.64d5.0 at isd.net...
>>
>> This is REALLY a bad case if true. All the more reason to move off the
'86
>> GIME.
>>
>> I don't advertise that I have extras, but I have about six '87 GIME
>> (TCC1014A) at Cloud-9. Please contact me privately if interested. Please
>> note that a PLCC tool is highly recommended to be used on the removal.
>>
>> Mark
>> Cloud-9

>Peripherals
>on