[Coco] Portal-9 bug report

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Sun Oct 17 21:52:38 EDT 2004

I have discovered that Portal-9 will not function correctly, or build
projects, if the user's Folder preferences in Windows is set to "hide
extensions for known file types".  It just so happens that Windows XP comes
preconfigured to hide filename extensions.  Possibly other versions of
Windows does the same?

The bug in Portal-9 lies in the GetFileTitle API function.  This function
takes a full file path, including the drive, directory, file, and
extension, or any combination of those, and extracts only the
"filename".  Well, the filename returned will have the extension missing if
Windows is configured to do this.

So, I am going to fix this bug in Portal-9 and post a new version.  I hope
people who have had problems using the IDE in the past will get a chance to
use it, finally.

A temporary fix would be to 1) go to Windows Folder Options, and uncheck
"hide extensions for known file types", and 2) reinstall Portal-9 *and* the
sourcepak to restore the sample projects back to normal.

--
Roger Taylor