[Coco] dcm hack hacks

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Oct 7 02:46:11 EDT 2004

OK, I was looking over Dr. Goodman's article (thanks theotherbob!) and
comparing it to the dcm board I have that had been partially hacked.
I found some differences, and I'm not sure what they do. (I don't have
the technical docs for the dcm or the rs232 pak.)

1)The article says run a jumper from pin 1 of the ls04 to pin 8 of the
  rom.  Mine had it to pin 7 of the rom.  I assumed that was a screwup
  and fixed it.

2) The CART* line appears to have been cut near the bus connector.
   Where should it go?  (I thought I had the 6551 pinouts around, but
   I guess I don't.)

3) The line from pin 10 of the ls139 has been cut and re-routed to pin
   2 of the LS04.

4) There is a small in-line component (cap, maybe) from pin 27 of the
   6551 to ground.  This may be a stock fix?  It looks poorly done
   compared to the other jumpers.

Any comments?
Willard

Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org