[Coco] cassettes reading from emulators?

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Wed Oct 6 22:20:38 EDT 2004

I tried tonight for the first time to get David Keil's emulator and
M.E.S.S. to do a live CLOAD or CLOADM from a real CoCo cassette I have
playing into my sound card Line Input jack.

M.E.S.S. is closing down when I type AUDIO ON and then CLOAD or
CLOADM.  Very odd.  I can get M.E.S.S. to mount a premade .cas file, but
that's not what I'm trying to do.

David's emulator (CoCo 1/2) doesn't act like it is hearing the audio at all
even though I've tried the Line Input jack, the Mic jack, and have made
sure that the mixer has all input lines active.  I can hear the sound
coming out of the PC speakers so I know it's going in.  Any help would be
appreciated.

--
Roger Taylor