[Coco] Video sync issue... (crosspost)

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Thu Nov 11 12:22:48 EST 2004

As I understood what he was asking, he was inquiring how to sync to the vertical
video pulse, which in the CoCo generates an IRQ (assuming proper enabling) that
the SYNC instruction will wait for, in order to avoid flicker in a game he was
programming.  The instruction is used for this purpose in Basic's PALETTE
command, for example, though the same can also be accomplished by looping and
checking the interrupt flag bit without halting the processor.

Art