[Coco] Ashley's condition with cancer

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Mon Nov 8 20:51:42 EST 2004

Months back, I posted a cry for help by prayer for my 6 year old niece in
hopes that her newly found cancer would go away.  For the 2 people out of
several hundred possible list members that replied back to me, I want to
thank you 2 people who gave 10 seconds of your keyboard time and to also
give you the latest news on Ashley's condition.

I also want to thank Brother Jeremy who replied right away and gave his
reassurance and prayers, etc.

And, I want everybody to read the Journal paragraphs below.

Here is the latest word on Ashley as typed from her family on a site they
set up, which I find amazing due to the form of cancer Ashley has.  Thank
you for your prayers, whoever you are.

http://www2.caringbridge.org/la/princessashley/

Journal

Sunday, November 7, 2004 8:32 PM CST

Hey everyone,
I am so happy to be home even if it is only for the weekend. On Wednesday
we met with the surgeons. Surgery is tentatively scheduled for December 9.
We go back Tuesday for chemo. This will be the three week chemo. Our doctor
says that if Ashley does well Wed., Thurs., then on Friday we can go home
til the next Tuesday.
Our God is so awesome. He is bigger than cancer and he proves that to us
every time we meet with the doctors. On Wednesday we received the results
of the PET scan. According to our doctor, Ashley is " amazing," (her words
exactly). All of the cancer cells in all of the tumors except the primary
site above the right knee are DEAD!!!! Did you hear me? DEAD!!!! And this
is the type of cancer that doesn't repond to chemo... words from doctor
back in August. The primary tumor barely glowed at all on the scan so we
are hopeful that this last round of chemo will destroy the few living
cancer cells left in Ashley's body.
Once again, Our God is Good.
Til Next Time, Valerie

--