[Coco] Re: Document Formatting

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Sun May 30 23:57:28 EDT 2004

Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I must say that I differ almost completely on everything that you have said.
>
> You describe a world that I do not wish to live in. A picture that is in
> very many ways incorrect.

Yet you do not indicate any of those ways.  Which makes me think that
you are reading something different than what I wrote, and need to read
it again.

If you insist that e-mail/news programs be completely up to date, you
should note that your e-mail/news client is not compliant with internet
e-mail conventions because it did not automatically remove the portion
of the subject on a reply in parenthesis indicating a change in subject.
  There may even be an RFC describing the behavior if I cared enough to
look up the exact reference.

But I will guess that most people are not aware of that convention.  I
only found out about while looking up something else.  It's not like it
is worth worrying about too much.

Other e-mail/news clients in use on this forum are not aware that they
should not be including anything after the "-- " signature delimiter on