[Coco] request for OS9 manual page scans

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Fri May 28 04:06:44 EDT 2004

Hi,

Well I never!

Send me a snail mail address and I will send you a CD with 600 DPI scans and
more OCR files.

What was put on RTSI was limited due to my 56K connection and not wanting to
use up too much space on RTSI.

I can run some of the pages through the OCR program again and do a better
job (That is after I get the current magazine scanning done).
What you got was a quick hands off auto scan, the OCR program can do a
better job with just a little help. Other output formats are available.
--

Robert Emery wrote:
> --- Dean Leiber <adit at 1stconnect.com> wrote:
>> Bob,
>>
>>> From the OS-9 users manual, I need pages 3-30 and 3-31 of the "OS-9
>>> Windowing System" section. I'm not picky about the format, as long as
>>> it's legible.
>>

>> I know there is a copy on os9archive (I think in the rsdos incoming
>> section somewhere). if you can't find it there I have a copy here in the
>> archive I'm doing (contributed by Stephen Fischer)
>
> That's where I got my source material. There's html and TIF's, but the
> html is wacked OCR of the TIF's and on RTSI there's only a TIF of the
> first page of any given chapter. At any rate, I did get the pages I
> needed.

HUH? are not the tif's multipage?

They are on my archive CD's.

If you need single page tif's say so and I will break up the tif files.

Paint Shop Pro 8.1 uses one page at a time and will break the multipage tif
and save them with hands off the process.

So it is not too much work for me.