[Coco] gcc-coco-rsdos installer for Mac OS X

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Wed May 26 21:20:47 EDT 2004

On 26-May-04, at 9:06 PM, Scott Stevens wrote:

> Will your GCC port work on a Mac running Darwin?  It would be useful
> then for those of us who have older Mac machines but haven't invested
> in any Apple hardware new enough for OS X.  I have a Beige G3 machine
> I could commission for use in this fashion.  Further, your GCC port
> could probably then be easily transported to Darwin x86, and people
> who wanted this build environment who don't have Apple machines at all
> could set up a dedicated Coco 'build' machine with little expense at
> all.

I don't see why not. I'm not sure how to install a pkg on Darwin, but
you should be able to follow the build instructions at
http://skwirl.ca/coco/gcc.html, using the files from sourceforge.

It should be easy to build on any un*x, regardless of processor
architecture, if it can build gcc. I wasn't the original author of the
tools, and they were built on linux originally, I think.

James