[Coco] gcc-coco-rsdos installer for Mac OS X

Scott Stevens sastevens at earthlink.net
Wed May 26 21:06:16 EDT 2004

At 09:09 AM 5/25/2004 -0400, you wrote:

>I've made an installer for gcc for the CoCo, targeting RS-DOS, for Mac OS
>X. However, I don't have a clean system on which to test it. Would a few
>Mac OS X users please test the installer out for me?
>
>All you need to do is install it, add /usr/local/bin to your path, then
>run make in a testing directory. The installer is at
>http://skwirl.ca/coco/gcc-coco-rsdos-package.pkg and the testing directory
>is at http://skwirl.ca/coco/gcc-coco-test.tar.gz
>
>This assumes a working knowledge of how to use the terminal and basic
>command-line utilities. If you don't know how, I can explain some it.
>You'll also need the developer tools installed, for make.
>
>Note: these binaries have only been tested on Mac OS X 10.3. I can't
>guarantee they'll work on 10.2.
>
>Thanks for your help,
>James

Will your GCC port work on a Mac running Darwin?  It would be useful then
for those of us who have older Mac machines but haven't invested in any
Apple hardware new enough for OS X.  I have a Beige G3 machine I could
commission for use in this fashion.  Further, your GCC port could probably
then be easily transported to Darwin x86, and people who wanted this build
environment who don't have Apple machines at all could set up a dedicated
Coco 'build' machine with little expense at all.