[Coco] Re: CoCo 3 to VGA

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Mon May 24 17:48:44 EDT 2004

Hi,

	I can tell by looking at the output of my deuce on a TV that
it is NOT outputting the same picture in each field. As compared to a
"standard" interlaced TV signal, There is a visible space between the
scans on the deuce output. This would not be there if it were outputting
the same picture in each field.

	The question remains:  Does it output both fields (one being
blank) or is it 60 Hz non-interlaced video consisting of 1 262.5 scan
frame? I suspect the latter. Keep in mind that standard multi-sync
monitors can be driven in interlaced modes. They just aren't used
anymore. Look at an old XFree86 config file.

	To pose this question in another way, What is it that makes a
TV interlaced? Is it the TV itself? Or is it the timing of the signal
that drives it (think about the multi-sync monitor)?

					kevin