[Coco] Re: CoCo 3 to VGA

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Sat May 22 18:28:03 EDT 2004

Funny enough I had this idea of converting the CoCo3's RGB to VGA just a
few weeks before the discussion started here. I had a quick view on
what's on the market and how much this would cost. What I understand is
that there's a big interest in the beamer sector. People are using
VGA-beamers to produce high quality movie output from a video signal.
The problem with a video (e.g. TV) signal: there are two interlaced
pictures which leads (especially with movements in the picture) to some
effects you can see here
http://www.labdv.com/leon-lab/video/interlace_en.htm
Most of the commercial SCANDOUBLERS have some "smart" DSP algorithms for
both digitized full "half images" to produce a better picture. I think
we don't need such "intelligence" for the CoCo3. A simple LINEDOUBLER
would be enough. Still haven't found a cheap solution, but I will keep
looking for it.

Torsten