[Coco] Re: CoCo 3 to VGA

PaulH96636 at aol.com PaulH96636 at aol.com
Sun May 23 06:42:27 EDT 2004

I'm not sure about the effort to achieve VGA... Isn't
the idea to make the coco graphics as good on a LCD
tv display as it is on, say, a NEC Multisync 3d, or
similar to Marty Goodman's favorite, the Sony KV-1311CR?
Check out the following news about the Sony:

http://www.atarimagazines.com/creative/v11n9/62_Monitor_update_more_moni.php

Note that the price in 1985 is in the ballpark of many
LCD displays today; but prices continue to fall with time.

LCD TVs with vga input options are now on the market.

http://www.techtv.com/freshgear/products/jump/0,23009,3395106,00.html

They are still quite pricey, but could they be adapted to
work with analog rgb the way the KV-1311 could?
Perhaps manufacturers would be persuaded to design some
retro capability into the new circuitry if enough of us
consumers sent them our requests...(?)      -ph