[Coco] RS-232 pak problems

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu May 20 16:50:52 EDT 2004

James Dessart wrote:
> A thought occurred to me... when I went to check out the ROM, one of the
> pins was bent. I might be possible the ROM was fried... But then
> wouldn't it all be garbled?
>
> James

Straighten the pin (if possible without breaking), reinsert the chip,
and try again.

Your version of the pak seems to be set for autostart. Mine does not
autostart.

If one ROM pin was not connecting, that could account for your problems.
It does not necessarily mean the ROM is fried.

Please not that most Coco users don't make use of the ROM. I long ago
removed the ROM and used either an OS-9 program or Ultimaterm as they
were much better than the ROM program.