[Coco] RS-232 pak problems

James Dessart dessart at istop.com
Thu May 20 14:14:22 EDT 2004

On 20-May-04, at 2:02 PM, Robert Gault wrote:

>> I'm having trouble with an RS-232 pak, when I boot from it as the
>> only thing in my CoCo 3, it sits at a screen saying "TANDY DELUXE
>> RS-232 PAK" or some such, and never brings the expected OK prompt.
>> Ditto when I stick it in my multipak. Any clues?
> That is exactly what you should see.

However, the manual is saying it should give me an OK prompt on powerup.

> 2. The RS-232 pak menu screen is toggled on/off with the BREAK key.

Tried it, doesn't work, unfortunately.

> 3. The RS-232 pak only talks to a modem connection not an OS.
> Therefore there is no OK or other prompt displayed by the pak. All pak
> commands are handled on the menu screen. The other screen is used to
> talk to your modem or terminal connection.

Well, I'm getting nothing but the message, no matter what I press. I do
have the AT keyboard adaptor from Cloud-9, but that works in standard
DOS...

As I said in my other email, there might be a fault with the traces
being cut.

Thanks,
James