[Coco] RS-232 pak problems

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu May 20 14:02:30 EDT 2004

James Dessart wrote:
> I'm having trouble with an RS-232 pak, when I boot from it as the only
> thing in my CoCo 3, it sits at a screen saying "TANDY DELUXE RS-232 PAK"
> or some such, and never brings the expected OK prompt. Ditto when I
> stick it in my multipak. Any clues?
>
> James

That is exactly what you should see.

1. With a Coco3, all non autostart paks require EXEC&HE010 [ENTER]
2. The RS-232 pak menu screen is toggled on/off with the BREAK key.
3. The RS-232 pak only talks to a modem connection not an OS. Therefore
there is no OK or other prompt displayed by the pak. All pak commands
are handled on the menu screen. The other screen is used to talk to your
modem or terminal connection.