[Coco] Using a PC monitor on the CoCo

Bob theother_bob at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 18:35:35 EDT 2004

http://www.softhut.com/cgi-bin/test/Web_store/web_store.cgi?page=catalog/hardware/accelerators/apollo_scandoublers.html&cart_id=3435494_8713

> Would this not work on the CoCo?

I'm positive it could work, may have to mess with the H/V sync if anything, but
that's easy enough. The question is are you willing to spend more than the
CoCo3 and monitor together cost. I'll stick with my crappy old CM-8 for now.

If a scan doubler were around $60-75 they'd sell like hotcakes, not only to the
retro-computer market, but arcade video game collectors too, since cheap VGA
monitors could replace old, hard-to-find CRT displays (which would also work
with the CoCo3)

Bob