[Coco] Fest report

Dave dave at cococentral.org
Wed May 19 12:48:50 EDT 2004

Hello all,

The Fest was GREAT, but not enough attendees. I think it was around
40!  This was the last time that Ken Baker will be selling new CoCo
3's.  Mark & Boisy did a tremendous job with the Cloud-9 items.  Marks
had to have been up all night Friday & Saturday working on all the
CoCo's handed to him to work his magic on.  I bought 2 new CoCo 3's
from Ken and Mark did his thing on both of them for me. The CoCo's
cost less than one goes for on eBay. It was good to see the Glenside
"Gang" again.  Tony, I am still looking for those adapters you need.
Brian was selling the Glenside IDE cards at only $40.00.  Bob did a
fine job keeping up on the Saturday & Sunday auctions.  I ended up
with the CoCo 1 with 25 as the serial number!  That will be back in
the auction for the 2005 show celebrating the 25th anniversary of the
CoCo!  Frank Davis of FWD Computing was there with his wife selling
Fest T-shirts and his famous Retro CD's and he now has DVD's!  Brother
Jeremy brought his collection of development CoCo's.  Always a
pleasure to see the good Brother!  David K. was selling CD's of his
emulator& donating the money to the club.There were Seminars by Mark &
Boisy on the Cloud -9 wares, David K. gave one on his emulator,
someone (forgot his name) gave a nice talk about firewalls on Linux.
Susan & I set up a table some goodies.  I have this gray bin that is
full of older memory sticks and several people had some fun digging
through it.  That's about all my aging brain remembers for now.

Please attend the 2005 Fest, big plans for the 25th Anniversary!!!!

Dave