[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: A Lot of questions

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Thu May 13 08:46:27 EDT 2004

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "grantkcmo75"
<grantkcmo75 at k...> wrote:
> Hello everyone.  I hope all is going well for everyone.  I have
> finally found EBay and purchased a lot of COCO stuff trying to
build
> my
> collection.  It is fun to get back into the old COCO's.  I have
some
> questions I hope you can help me with.
>
> 1.  The COCO Fest this weekend I have been debating driving up
there
> from Kansas City, but I not sure what it is all about.  Will people
> be selling stuff there?
>
> 2.  How do I download program from the internet on my PC and get
> them over to the COCO?
>
> 3.  Where can I buy 5 1/4 disk and tapes for the COCO.  They are
> very hard to find here.
>
> 4.  I got a Multi Pak for the COCO's, but it does not work on the
> COCO 3.  I remember this issue back in theday, but I do not know if
> it can be fixed.
>
> EBay has been a great help in restarting my collection, but I will
> warn everyone to be carefull.  I have recieved some very yellow
> cases and damaged COCO's.  People can hide things in the pictures
> very well.  If
> anyone out there has anything for sale please let me know.  I am
> looking for a monitor for the coco 3.  I perfer a CM-8, if there
are
> any out there.  I also want to rebuild a Rainbow and Hot COCO
> collection.  So, if anyone wants to sell them please let me know,
or
> if you know how I can get them somewhere.  One more thing, I
> purchased a lot of COCO programs from EBay and I need help loading
> them.  They have no manuals and I do not remember how to load
> program from disk other than the load"filename"  and them run.
> There was another way if I remember correctly.  If you have access
> some old manuals let me know, I will pay for coping fees, or if you
> can scan them that would be better.  Email me and I will email you
> the list of programs.  Thanks a lot,  I am glad to see there is
> still support for the COCO's.  I will most likely go to Chicago
this
> weekend and hopefully make some new friends, plus I want to see the
> cloud 9 stuff.
>
> Thanks
> Grant
> grantkcmo75 at k...

Hello.

If you have a 5.25 floppy drive in your PC you can use a COCO
emulator to write COCO disks. It works well. I have to boot from a
Win95 boot disk because the utilities wont run under Win XP.

http://www.vavasour.ca/jeff/trs80.html#coco3

As for the multipak, there were different upgrades for the different
type of multipaks. If I remember correctly the hardest ones to
upgrade were the newest model. It says Tandy on it looks
more "modern" than the older multipaks. I remember this because I
have this type and remember not being happy about the whole daughter
board and wires I had to solder. :-)

Hopefully someone else here can tell you more about it.

Charlie

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/CFFolB/TM