[Coco] Virus infected files on ftp://maltedmedia.com

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Wed May 12 09:59:47 EDT 2004

At 09:51 AM 5/12/04 -0400, Robert Gault wrote:
>What is the login procedure when using an ftp program on maltedmedia? I
>can open a connection but when trying to get to the correct directory
>I'm asked to login.

Open a connection with anonymous FTP. Most FTP programs (and even IE) have
an "anonymous" checkbox.

If you are getting rejected even with a proper anonymous connection, it may
be that connections are exceeded. In order to prevent the mass downloads I
was seeing that were causing huge bandwidth spikes, I have limited access
to two simultaneous anonymous FTP connections.

By the way, you may only upload to the /incoming/ directory.

Dennis