[Coco] Any resolution to patching a Multipack for Coco 3?

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sat May 8 22:02:03 EDT 2004

In a message dated 5/8/04 2:50:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, flexser at fiu.edu
writes:

> From what I recollect, the upgrade is pretty nonessential if you aren't an
>  OS-9 user.  Bus conflicts would rarely occur under Disk Basic, which
>  doesn't make intensive use of the GIME addresses that have a problem, if
>  I'm remembering correctly.

That's what I remember hearing too, way back then.
However, with the advanced RSDOS replacements like ADOS and RGBDOS, those
GIME locations may get flogged just as much as under OS-9.  And I suspect Rogers
Projector-3 memory tricks will too.  Plus some of the ideas passed around here
for flipping RAM pages from straight BASIC code.

Life's too short to drink bad beer, not windsurf or play golf, and not fix
your MPI :-)
--Mike K.