[Coco] Re: NitrOS-9 V03.02.01 Release (Auto-discard notification)

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Sat May 8 19:42:13 EDT 2004

Hello Dennis
<Snip>
> documentation process. I just don't necessarily want to use MSWord.

My sentiment exactly, it's just that soo much of the rest of the computing
world uses it, it has become the defacto standard <sigh>. I do typesettign
on the side and I just grit my teeth everytime a customers send me a
*&^*&^'ed word formated document thinking that they have save time and
$$$$s. What they fail to understand is that Word is a word processor, not a
page assembly program, you can't layer with it. They send me that crap and
expect me to be able to just drop their pictures into the neat frame
they've created and don't realize that as soon as that's done all their
captions run away to another part of the document <sigh again>. In the end
I wind up resetting everything. (And charging for it).

This documentaion project is a little different in that all that's being
done is moving the already set text from one format to another.

Regards
--
Cruisen                                                    _|_
              on AutoPilot with an Amiga   ---o-( )-o---   and a CoCo

                                             Richard